Series Scores with Hash (#) Characters
The # indicates missing data.
If you first enter a boat into R10 and then it races in future races then all is good. If you then go back and put the boat into (say) Race 5 of that race of the series, you will confused the system. TopYacht has recorded that the “first race” for the boat is R10. It now finds an entry/ result in R5 but has no idea of your intentions for races 6 => 9 inclusive.
This can also happen if you alter a Casual/Visitor to become a Series Entrant.
If they raced a Casual in R5 and R7, then at R10 raced but become a series entrant: what should you do?
- Go to the first race in which they raced
- Convert them to a Series Entrant (Select that race, then Admin | Maintain | For this Series | Alter Cas Ent to Sers Ent….) Then enter them into that race.
- Process that race. For races in which they were not previously an entrant (6, 8 & 9)you must manually add them before processing that race.
- If this process is not followed the # will appear for the affected race/s.
To remove a boat from races before a nominated race :
- From the main screen go to Step 1 Select Series.
- Note the Series ID.
- Open that series AND go to the last race that has results.
- Admin Mode | Maintain | Config.
- Ctrl M (on that page) This opens the advanced Menu.
- Bottom right, press the “Entrants” button.
- Top Left fill in the Series ID you just noted eg “1”.
- Press the “Get Data 1” button.
- In the left most table of data, scroll down to the boat of interest.
- Copy the name of the boat into the “BoatName” box, top left. This is case and space sensitive so make it an exact copy.
- Press the “Boat Filter” button beside the Boat Name.
- This then shows you that boat in three columns. From left to right these are: Series Entrant, Race Entrants, Results.
- Top right: click the “Boat First Race” button. This shows the “First Race” as stored by TY in the Series Entrant table and the First time the boat appears in results.
- Once you have decided which race to use as the nominated “First Race” then enter that number in the “RNo” box, top right.
- Press the “Remove Before” button to right.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Press “Get Data 1” button.
- Press the “Boat Filter” button to see the outcome.
- NOTES: If in removing this boat the scores of others will alter, then reprocess ALL races (bottom left most small grey button on process screen- be very careful to absorb each question that then appears!!!!! You must be a last race with results!). This will OVER WRITE and previously manually edited scores and possible mess up handicaps! So only do this if you really have to a do a back up first.
- Check out the Series Scores.