TopYacht in a Nut-Shell
TopYacht provides the complete software solution for running sail boat racing
There are two major components
- TES (TopYacht Entry System)
- TopYacht (results management and handicapping software).
This is a web based product and provides facilities for On-line Entry and taking payments, and has been constantly evolving for 15 years.
Entry can be for:
- A sailing event; or
- An individual Race; or
- Club membership; or
- Volunteer registration/tracking; or
- Training course registration (and participation monitoring); or
- Support Boat Registration
Entry can Include:
- upload of documents e.g. Insurance cert or scanned Safety Audit Entry
- A ‘shopping cart’ for lunch orders, regatta clothing, presentation dinners etc.
- Sailors can create and/or maintain their own profile
- Owners can create and maintain a boat profile. This is then available to enter any The boat profile includes crew members.
- Owner can easily record/update their daily race crew via their smart phone.
TES also provides:
- Web based Sign on / Sign Off system that does not require scanners [OnWater]
- Web based finish times capture on laptop or tablet/iPad [WebTimes]
- Event Notice Board
- Protest detail recording and displaying
- Automatic Last Finisher/Protest Time display
- Auto updating IRC,AMS,SMS,ORC and PHRF NZ data for event boats
- Handicapper access to update handicaps for the next race
- Access to cross club handicapping data/logs
- Various payment options including an on line gateway with Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Administration Functionality Includes:
- Entry tracking
- Payment tracking and reconciliation
- Communication faculties for emails and SMS messaging to entrants singly or collectively
- `Intention To Race` SMS messaging functionality and real time reporting of responses
- Radio Sched creation and real time reporting
- Access to standard and customised reports
Event Tool box:
The tool box gives administrators and jurors quick access to key facilities in TES when running a regatta.
Event Results Display:
TES can provide enhanced results display providing both a results matrix and scrolling results on public displays for a regatta. These use any web-browser as a platform.
- TES can interact with the Membership Management systems via the `Member Point` application. Member Point provides a number of other very powerful functions such as `day passes`.
- There is a standard report that provides the data needed for importation into the Sailing Australia’s club
- APIs can be created to share/sync data with other member
TopYacht has been constantly evolving for 20 years.
- Runs on a desktop/laptop Windows computer or on a MAC with a Windows emulator;
- Import/exports data from/to TES;
- Provides results with or without handicaps;
- Using times or places;
- Suits both keelboats and `Off The Beach` racing;
- Has considerable flexibility in how race Series are set up and results calculated based on the RRS;
- Handles Low Point, Bonus Point, High Point and Cox Sprague Scoring Systems;
- Allows linking of results e.g. an Autumn and Summer Series into a `Combined` Series;
- Has a powerful handicapping module that allows considerable flexibility in how you calculate handicaps for the next race where auto updating handicaps are used;
- Finish times
- can be manually entered;
- via the inbuilt `StopWatch` facility that is used to capture boats as they cross the finish line in real time;
- imported from WebTimes (see above); or,
- imported from a csv file.
- Works with Sail Numbers or Bow Numbers;
- Can upload results directly to your club web site with just a few button clicks.
- The ‘Basic’ license produces results and Updates handicaps. Names are shown with a first initial and a full surname. Produces printed reports as well as outputs to basic RTF and html for web sites.
- The ‘Enhanced / Regatta’ license shows the full Christian name. Data can be imported from csv (Excel) files. Handicap graphs are available. Series scores that are tied are automatically broken as per RRS Appendix A 8.
- The ‘Keel Handicapping’ license provides extended parameters for tweaking handicap progression. Includes handicap graphing screen.
- The ‘Site Manager’ license makes it extremely simple to upload good looking result to your club web site.
We are currently moving TopYacht (results and handicapping) to a web based application that will be integrated into TES. This will be available in a number of versions catering from the simplest club racing to complex regattas.
 OnWater requires a license extension.
 WebTimes requires a license extension.