Backup to a Second Storage
TopYacht offers the option of backing up the database to a .zip file periodically, as well as on choosing Exit.
By default, the storage location is the C:\Users\Public\Documents\TopYacht\data\xxxx\ folder, where xxxx is the year the database was created (not the current year!!).
The user has the option of choosing a different location each time the back-up is initiated.
Save to Secondary Storage
This option is provided to allow users to nominate one additional (secondary) storage location to automatically store backups. This location could be:
- A Drop Box,
- Cloud Storage, or
The user must provide a valid path statement per database for the backup to occur.
- Follow Maintain | Configure Software
- Enter the path of the secondary storage
This takes the form of:
- C:\users\public\backup for a local drive
- \\server\users\topyacht\backup\2020\keel_boats… For a server
- C:\Users\Steve\OneDrive\Topyacht\ for cloud services etc
When exiting TopYacht, the option is offered to create a backup in the secondary after the offering of the primary backup.